-Effective Godly input
Kaitaia Abundant Life School is different from other schools in that it is required, through the integration agreement between the Proprietors and the Ministry of Education, to uphold its Christian Special Character.
The Special Character of the school on a day-to-day basis can be observed through:
- Every Monday morning begins with a full school assembly that focuses on praise and worship (led by a student band), devotional teaching, and whanaungatanga.
- Morning devotional classes that are normally based around a term theme, examples of which include love, courage, excellence, respect, whanaungatanga, knowing God, etc.
- All teachers are Christians and teach their subjects in a manner that reflects the glory of God.
For the sake of clarity, we define the term “Christian” as the following 3 points:
- Someone who believes that God is the creator of the universe (Genesis 1-6).
- Someone who believes that the Bible is God’s inspired word (Hebrews 4:12).
- Someone who has accepted Jesus as their personal Lord and saviour and continues in this faith (Romans 10:9).
We are a state-integrated area school with a Christian special character. At the core of the school is the integration document between the Ministry of Education (MOE) and the proprietors. This allows Kaitaia Abundant Life School to offer the national curriculum from Year 1-13 in buildings owned by the Kaitaia Abundant Life Centre Trust whilst being fully funded by the MOE.
Students enrolled from Christian families are termed as “preference enrolment” by the MOE. The school is also permitted to enrol 10% of “non-preference” students; these are ones who would not fall within the 3 categories above.
Attendance dues are charged by the proprietors to allow for payment of the mortgage and capital work on the site.